Geographic Information Systems / Database Technician
PAQ is looking for a full-time GIS / Database Technician to assist with its precision agriculture and national dataset analyses. Project work includes mapping and analysis of datasets including yield data, planting and application maps, and remote sensing imagery.
Day to day activities include:
- Creation and maintenance of geodatabases, relational databases, and other files.
- Work with satellite, aerial, and UAV imagery analysis of crop growth.
- Work with public and private data sets, such as soils, watersheds, and cropland data.
- Manage relational databases, data preparation and quality assurance.
- Run statistical analyses on data and support continued project metrics.
- Assist other team members with various tasks and projects that come up.
The successful candidate will be able to run ArcGIS, QGIS, R, Excel, and understand SQL database structure and queries. Experience with remote sensing and image analysis desired. Experience with R programming and analysis, web-based GIS tools such as Leaflet and GeoServer will set you apart. Python programming and GDAL scripting experience a valuable plus.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. A Bachelor’s degree in related field required, Master’s degree preferred. Position is full time and based in Monticello, IL with occasional travel and options for remote work. Contact email@example.com with cover letter, resume, and references.